Hair Loss Texas Guide
In the USA, hair loss baldness or thinning hair cause are common concerns for both men and women. Most men and women experience some form of hair loss baldness or thinning hair during their life. Hair loss affects approximately 35 million men and 21 million women in the United States alone. An understanding fact from fiction regarding hair loss & treatments is our goal.
Understanding Hair Loss Basics
- Hair loss cause
- Most common hair loss conditions
- Genetic pattern baldness
- Emotional effects of hair loss bald thinning hair growth
- Medical & nonmedical solutions to hair loss
- Hair transplant a surgical hair loss solution
- Wig or nonsurgical hair replacement
- Grow hair with laser or medications
Hair Loss in Men
Male hair loss, male pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia, is a hereditary condition which causes male baldness or significant male hair loss in about 66 percent of all men. An estimated 35 million men and 21 million women in the United States alone have male pattern hair loss. It can start as early as the teen years. Hair loss risk increases with age.
Most men experience at least some degree of hair loss in their lifetime, with the numbers increasing continuously with age. By their late 20’s, approximately 12% of men experience some hair loss. Research shows that 40% of men showing noticeable hair loss by the age of 35 and more than 50 percent of men over 50 years old have some degree of hair loss. By the time a man is in his 50's, he has a greater than 50% chance showing some genetic baldness.
Women and Hair Loss
More than 30 million women in the United States suffer hair loss thinning hair or baldness in some form. One in five women suffers from female hair loss. Women's hair loss makes up forty percent of total hair loss sufferers in America. The 1999 survey by AC Nielsen in Singapore showed that hair loss affects 23 percent of men and 21 percent of women
As we age, men and women, our genetics signal the hair follicle to produce an enzyme named five alpha reductase. When the testosterone present in the follicle combines with the enzyme five alpha reductase, it produces dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Hair follicle receptors are sensitive to DHT and thereby start the process of male or female pattern hair loss.
Hair Loss Pattern
Some men and women start losing hair by showing thinning hair all around the scalp, while others develop a slight hair loss as a bald spot at a given area. Some individuals have complete hair loss or total baldness within a short time.
Following questions about hair loss information is provided on this site:
- What is typical male hair loss pattern?
- What is typical female hair loss pattern?
- What may cause hair loss in men?
- What may cause hair loss in women?
- What are the physiological affects of hair loss?
- What may health issues cause hair loss baldness thinning hair growth?
Did you know if you have sudden hair loss, you should first check with your family doctor or internist to find your hair loss cause? A dermatologist will treat skin infections that cause hair loss. It may be necessary for you to see an endocrinologist for hormone imbalances, namely androgens.
Understanding Hair Restoration Options
- Cosmetic procedures surgical hair transplants
- Nonsurgical hair replacement
- Hairpiece & hair systems
- Medical laser hair growth therapy
- Natural vitamins for healthy hair growth
- Rogaine and Propecia hair loss medications
Where to get your hair loss answers
There are many questions about your specific hair loss treatment and the best options for you.
- Which hair loss treatment should you use?
- Where can you find reliable trusted hair restoration specialist?
- Where can you find good hair replacement in Dallas, Texas?
- What nonsurgical hair replacement cost?
Find out which hair loss solution is right for you. Nu Hair of Dallas Fort Worth Texas is determined to bring you medical hair restoration and non-surgical hair loss treatment options. Schedule your FREE Hair Loss Consultation with no-obligation to discuss your case, results expected and your exact cost. HAIR RESTORATION CONSULTATION