Hair restoration experts guide to hair transplants Dallas Fort Worth Texas; The surgical transplantation of hair follicles is an outpatient procedure. It usually performed in a physician's office-based facility or in an outpatient surgery center. The donor hair follicles are found in the back and sides of the head. During the hair transplant procedure, the physicians take hair grafts follicles and relocate them to areas of thinning and balding on the top or front of the head, recreating a new hairline that complements a patient's facial features.
What medical health considerations are needed before the hair transplantation surgery date?
- It is important, for any men considering a surgical solution, to have a complete physical examination as a preparation for the surgery.
- A medical diagnosis for the hair loss causes should classify if hair transplantation is the correct solution at the time.
- Presence of medical conditions such as alopecia areata disease should eliminate a man or a woman as candidates for hair transplants
- Determination of an adequate donor hair supply must be present.
How to prepare for the surgery?
Your surgeon will give you specific instructions on how to prepare for surgery, including guidelines on eating and drinking, smoking, and taking and avoiding certain vitamins and medications. Carefully following these instructions will help your surgery go more smoothly.
You should arrange for someone to drive you home after your surgery. Plan to take it easy for a day or two after the procedure and arrange for assistance if you think you'll need it. A procedure of 800 to 1200 grafts can take half a day, while a procedure of 3000 or more grafts will take a full day.
What to do prior to surgery day?
- Two week prior to your schedule surgery avoid taking Aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medications, including products such as Advil, Alka-Seltzer, Excedrin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, etc., Also avoid tricycle antidepressants, beta blockers or blood thinners such as heparin.
- Notify your doctor if you have ANY medical conditions ASAP including high blood pressure, heart murmur, diabetes, blood disorders, Hepatitis, Asthma, Epilepsy, Liver problems, or any condition that you are under a doctor care for.
- No alcoholic beverage at least 3 days prior to your hair transplantation surgery. No coffee or other caffeinated or carbonated beverages the day of your procedure. Carbonated drinks substances increase.
- If you smoke, stop smoking two weeks before surgery; smoking inhibits blood flow to the skin.
- Do not take multivitamins including vitamin B and E, any herbal or botanical products for one week before hair transplant date. They also will increase bleeding.
- Do not to get extremely short haircut to cover the donor area extraction.
- Day of your surgery wash your hair thoroughly using regular shampoo. Do not use hair sprays or gels. Remove any hair system that you are using.
Will Anesthesia be needed?
In hair transplant surgery, usually a local sedation and local anesthesia will be given. You should be fully awake but relaxed with the sedation and you may some pressure but you should feel no pain. General anesthesia may be used with flap hair replacement procedure, not the graft methods.
What about hair cut?
Just before surgery, the "donor area" will be trimmed short so that the grafts can be easily accessed and removed.
Are you a candidate for hair transplant hair restoration?
The important consideration for any patient is to receive the natural coverage and density desired within the budget allowed. The cost per graft will depend on completion of evaluation if you are a good candidate for hair transplants; what is a safe and effective range of the number of grafts per procedure a patient can take. Many repeat the procedure.
Find out if you are a candidate for hair transplant restoration or non surgical hair replacement or other hair restoration solution. Schedule your appointment with no-obligation to see what results should be expected in your case and your exact cost.