Are You a Good Candidate for Hair Transplant Surgery?
Some of the important factors that make an individual a good candidate for hair transplant surgery are as follows:
- The key to hair transplantation is the concept of donor area dominance.
- The overall quality and abundance of existing hair is most important (along with texture, color and curl).
- Hair follicles from the donor areas should be stable.
- Age of perspective patient - the older you are, the more recognizable your hair loss pattern will be. (It is very normal to be turned down by a hair transplant physician when you are in your twenties due to this factor.)
- If your boding area is too large, most likely the hair transplant doctor will only do a small frontal section since not enough hair is available to cover the rest.
- Men have an thinning hair or baldness on top of the head, and more dense around the sides and back
It is from the more dense areas that the follicles hair is removed and implanted to other areas of the head.
- Patient expectation - Do you realize that you will not gain one additional hair? Hair transplantation involves relocating hairs you already have. Realistic expectations are a very important part of your being qualified
What should you expect in your initial hair loss consultation?
Your doctor & staff will discuss in detail your medical history to find out if you are a qualified candidate for a hair transplant and the number of grafts that can be implanted at each session. The surgeon will also talk to you on what results you will expect to get from one or several hair transplants sessions.
What should I expect from a medical hair transplants?
The important consideration for any patient contemplating hair loss surgery is to receive the natural coverage and density desired within the budget allowed whether using surgical hair restoration or non surgical hair loss treatment. Note that hair transplant will not have the same coverage prior to ones hair loss. The hair transplant surgery will give you more fullness.
Proper diagnosis to your hair loss pattern by a hair loss surgery doctor will indicate what treatment areas are possible for you to explore. Medical hair transplant or non surgical hair replacement might be the answer for your hair loss solution.
Find out if you are a candidate for hair transplant restoration or non surgical hair replacement or other hair restoration solution. Schedule your appointment with no-obligation to see what results should be expected in your case and your exact cost.